Whether you just got a brand spanking new copy of RankerX or you have had it for years it is worth making sure it is setup correctly. Here I am going to give you the configuration I use, as well as explain other optional changes you may like to consider.
- Number of Retries (for failed submissions) (1 – 5): 3 – Starting right away with a controversial choice, but in my experience generally if RankerX fails and then fails again it will more than likely fail the next time too. It is important to have 3 retry though because there are times when RankerX thinks it has failed but actually when it tries again is sees it did not really fail and thus only then marks the account as created. Yes you will get a few more accounts using a higher number but nothing worth writting home about.
- Time to wait before retry (for failed submissions): 60 sec – There is a way to specify the wait time of retrying a failed submissions. Leaving it at 60 sec is thus a sensible option.
- Number of Projects running at a same time (1 – 20): 10 – A modern PC and internet would run with 10, 15 probably 20 projects at a same time without issue (actually they would probably work with more but 20 is the limit).
- Max Number of Threads (1 – 100): 10 – A modern PC and internet would copy with 30,40 probably 50 threads without issue (actually they would probably work with more but 50 is the limit). However you need to consider the actual need for this. RankerX is on a server that’s on 24/7 as such total speed if of no real importance to me, 10 threads running 24/7 is far more than I ever need. I personally like to setup RankerX to run as slow as I can get it yet still complete my daily tasks. For most of you 10 will probably be too low, in particular if you are running this on your home PC. So experiment a little here and work out whats best for you.
- Number of Browsers (1 – 20): 5 – Again most people will think this is low, but actually in this case we have more reasons to keep the number low than above. When you run more threads you increase the chances of something going wrong, when things go wrong RankerX restarts your browser and moves on. Thus by having more browsers running can drastically reduce your success. The vast majority of RankerX does not use the submitter browser anymore, but the custom sites and a few others here and there do.
- Request timeout: 120 sec– This defines how long the submit window will sit waiting for a response before giving up and either trying again or moving on to the next site. It is important to give sites enough time to respond, though you could argue any site that does not respond within a minute is unlikely to work. If time is an issue reducing this down to 1 might help at the expense of a few sites.
- Delete emails older than (days): 4 days. The theory here is that emails that don’t work get deleted so RankerX does not waste time trying to use them in the future.
- Time to wait before verifying emails: 5 minutes– The default of this is 5 minutes, way to short. The majority of people increase this to 8 minutes, and that’s a good thing to do. Longer is however better, if you are not pushed for time set this to a higher number.
General Configuration Settings
- Automatic Signin – Ticked – We always have this set to Yes, and WE see no reason to not use auto sign in otherwise in event of crash / restart it will not run.
- Daily Automatic Backup: – Ticked – To only backup changed files per day automatically
Generally speaking you don’t need proxies for RankerX, however there are some exceptions. If you are, or are planning on being a heavy duty nuker then there is no doubt about it you will need to invest in proxies. It is recommended you go through our “Proxy” section to get a better understanding about when you may want to use them, and also the difference between proxies and VPN.
3. CAPTCHA AND GOOGLE CAPTCHA
We cover captcha solving in great detail, including all your options.
Unless you are doing some testing you should have ‘Enable Captcha Solving‘ ticked. Always. Using RankerX without this is generally pointless. Even if you want to do a run through RankerX for only sites with no captcha you need to have this ticked, as explained in our captcha section.
RankerX now has its own OCR Captcha Solving system in place which will help you save a great deal of money when it comes to captcha solving. However, it is not perfect and we always back it up with a paid for service. Which service you use is up to you, we have 2Captcha and XEvil captcha accounts 99% of the time. ImageTyperz took a bit of a hammering when XCr came out but their service levels are back OK again these days. It is well worth having more than one account though.
As for Captcha Sniper/Decapcher… well honestly unless you already have it I would not bother with it for RankerX. Its OK for some other programs but you will find its solving at best 3-5% of Captcha in RankerX and resulting in more delays and issues than its worth. This is not an issue with Captcha Sniper/Decapcher rather its the amount of re-Captcha that RankerX sites use that stops it being useful.
The only option here is the Number of Articles to Spin, the sweet spot for article uniqueness is around 10. If you are using one of our larger templates you will need to either set this number down from its default 15 OR purchase the extra Article Builder credits, see you AB account for details. Getting some extra credits is well worth it anyway, they work as a buffer in case you ever use your normal ones up. The highest value you can set here is 40, that can easily use all your credits up in one go through, it is suggested that you buy some bonus credits for AB so that on the days when you need say 401 credits you can still run without issues.
This is probably one element which we have been pushing very hard to get integrated into RankerX and finally with the launch of RankerX version 2.0 it has finally been integrated. Kontent Machine is a fantastic piece of software which enables you to create thoroughly spun articles to a quality level that you pre-set. My using our link you can also get 40% off of a license. The only caveat to this is that you have 24hrs to act on the reduced price from first viewing it, after this it will disappear. We gave created an in-depth guide to using Kontent Machine.
Ultra Spinnable Articles
This section is actually for The Leading Articles, though they seem to be just as well known as Ultra Spinnable Articles. Much like Article Builder above these are pre-spun articles, the spin level here is actually slightly better but the selection of topics is much lower. I know for a fact these articles will index, I have used them on my own blog network for years now. They also have available something they call a MTUSP, which allows you to insert your links directly in to the text of articles. Here at Zont SEO we call then Ultra Spun Generic Text, and we do have section on making your own ones of those in the Spinning section of the site.
To integrate RankerX with The Leading Articles you will need to create an API key on their site. I personally don’t like the ‘Minis’ so I have those deactivated in the RankerX options menu, The minis are a much more basic level of spin compared to the Premium articles.
General Settings – Add in your keywords here so that they are never changed by the spinner, you can add these while setting up in the wizard instead if you prefer though.
RankerX Free Spinner Service – Allows you to control the frequency of the changes. I have it set to default, but if you want higher quality set the frequency lower. Equally to improve quality change the ‘Word Quality’ to ‘Better’ or ‘Best’
The Best Spinner
The inbuilt spinner in RankerX is OK, but The Best Spinner is one of the tools every Internet Marketer should have. You enter your details for TBS here, and configure how you want it. I have it set to 3 synonyms and “middle” option for Replacement Quality.
Spinning is a big part of RankerX, but one that is mostly misunderstood. We have 8 tutorials on this topic and it is well worth your time going through them to understand different spinning techniques and what uniqueness is really all about.
Indexer is the tool’s integrated indexer service. It makes sure that the backlinks that are created are indexed by Google
6. BLOCKED SITES
RankerX’s Blocked Sites Feature: The blocked website sites will have disappeared in RankerX’s site lists.